The Children’s Radiology with ultrasound and computed tomography is one of our central functional areas. The examination, especially of children, infants and toddlers, requires a special coordination of the patient’s circadian rhythm. We do our best to consider it when it comes to the timing of radiological and ultrasound examinations.
Our team, consisting of specially qualified paediatric radiologists and specialists in medical and technical radiology (MTRA), pays attention to a particularly low-radiation procedure. Our employees use modern x-ray and ultrasound equipment as well as computer tomographs based on digital technology. Thus it is possible to examinate all patients from the premature infant with a weight of approx. 500 gramme up to older youths optimally.
Our service spectrum:
- X-ray examinations
- Contrast medium examinations
- Ultrasound (sonography)
- Computer tomography
Particular key activities of Dr. Engelcke, Chief Physician:
- Ultrasound examinations (sonography) congenital urogenital malformations
- Child gynaecological ultrasound in case of endocrine disorders incl. children mammae (male and female)
- Special examination of the spinal canal incl. the so-called Swinging Myelon
- Ultrasound examinations of the gastro intestinal tract and the soft tissues
- Colour-coded duplex sonography of the arteries supplying the brain in infants